Yellow fingers are nothing but Zuchhini breaded in cornmeal with some Vegeta.
I invented the recipe as an alternative for snacks, so I do not always eat chips in the evening.
The corn flour, but especially the Vegeta give the yellow fingers a very spicy taste and are a bit lighter than chips.
Of course, the whole is also suitable as a main meal with feta cheese, for example. or as a side dish to meat.
In addition, the preparation is really easy.
- Sunflower Oil
- Corn Flour
- Wheat Flour
- Two Eggs
- One peeled Zucchini cut in half and then in slices
The preparation is simple:
1. Prepare everything for breading (give Vegeta in the cornmeal and the wheat flour)
2. Bread the zucchini
3. Roast the breaded zucchini in sunflower oil
4. Serve pure or with a little chili sauce
The recipe in detail
Preparation for the breading
1. Eggs: Put the 2 eggs in a plate and scramble them good
2. Corn Flower:
2.1 put the corn flower in an extra plate
2.2 add some paprika
2.3 and add 1/3 spoon of Vegeta
2.4 mix it very good
3. Wheat Flower:
3.1 put 3 spoons of flower in a 3rd plate
3.2 add 1/3 spoon of Vegeta
3.3 mix it
4. Prepare: now put all plates in such a row so you can put the zucchini first in the flower, then in the eggs then in the corn flower and then on the empty plate.
1. Wheat Flower: put it in the flower till it is covered on both sides.
2. Eggs: enter it then in the eggs so it is covered on both sides. Use a fork, chop sticks or your hands.
3. Corn Flower: put it now in the corn flower, so it is covered with it on both sides.
4. Plate: put it on the empty plate and you are finished.
1. Sunflower Oil: put the oil in a pan and heat it up till it is steams a little.
2. Zucchini: put the zucchini in the pan. Be careful of the oil!
3. Fry: fry them 2 minutes on one side.
4. Turn: turn them and fry them on the other side ca. 2 minutes.
5. Plate: when they are golden and crispy, put them on a plate with a towel or a grid so that the oil can drain.
Serve it and enjoy
1. Pure: serve them pure as a dish to meat or as a main dish with feta cheese. Or as an evening snack. They are better than chips. 😉
2. Yellow Fingers: put Ajvar, or ketchup or like in the picture sweet Asia chili sauce on the top and arrange them as a hand. Children (and adults) will love them.